For many women, thrush, candidiasis, or yeast infection is a real problem that is sometimes difficult to get rid of. In this case, it is possible not only to know the main symptoms and causes of thrush, but also to start treatment on time.
Thrush is an infection caused by a fungus Candida:. There are girls who have never had this disease, but most of the gynecologists sooner or later felt an unpleasant burn, itching, redness of the skin in the intimate area և yellow curd leakage. One third of women in the world know what a recurring chronic thrush is and dream of getting rid of it.
What is a thrush?
This is the common name for a fungal infection. It is possible to know that it is not only sexually transmitted. The cause can be some diseases, such as insufficient hygiene of the intimate area, even medicines.
This is the body’s own microflora, but due to various circumstances it is out of control of the immune system. That is why candidiasis is not only in adults, it can occur in children և women who do not have sex.
Although yeast infection can occur in women of any age, there are some factors that increase the risk of thrush, including chronic chickenpox.
What is dangerous thrush?
It can be called chronic thrush if it recurs four or more times a year. The infection usually spreads when you create favorable conditions for fungal reproduction և growth. It is most often associated with fungi. Candida:although there may be other problems that are similar to thrush.
Yeast is always in your body, it reaches the skin and mucous membranes from birth, but the strong immunity այլ other bacteria on the skin do not allow fungi to grow.
1. Bacterial imbalance
In the intimate area, chronic yeast infections occur when the vaginal bacteria are out of balance or die. They usually help prevent overgrowth. Candida:. The development of the imbalance is due to the fact that the bacteria begin to die due to the use of antibiotics or other factors that harm the microflora.
2. Reduced immunity
Yeast growth is promoted by a decrease in immunity – chronic diseases such as diabetes.
3. Lack of regular hygiene
Mushrooms Candida: thrive in wet conditions if you sweat a lot or wear non-breathable underwear. Lack of proper hygiene, constant humid environment can lead to chronic fever infection.
Your age’s taking certain medications (such as antibiotics or hormones), such as pregnancy, play a role in triggering a fungal infection.
What causes thrush to reappear in women?
1. Discontinuation of the drug course
The most obvious untreated candidiasis that you have tried to eliminate yourself with the help of advertised antifungals. Such problems can not be solved without a doctor. Sometimes you can confuse other diseases with thrush, and antifungal drugs will not improve, but will worsen the situation.
2. No response to drugs
Another reason is the very “strong” fungi that do not respond to standard drugs. In this case, the doctor may prescribe long-term antifungal drugs. Sometimes they have to be taken at intervals of up to six months.
3. Transmission of infection from other sources
The fungus, in addition to the vagina, lives in the mouth և on the skin, can be transmitted during bathing or sex. Although thrush does not belong to the group of sexually transmitted infections, it often happens that it enters the body from a sexual partner. You can use condoms, maintain good hygiene, and have regular check-ups with your doctor.
Sweat production և skin moisture often promotes the growth of yeast. Yeast develops in humid and hot environments – skin folds, genitals. Living in humid climates, constantly sweating, and wearing tight, breathable clothing stimulate the growth of fungi. Experts recommend wearing cotton underwear and breathable clothing. Jeans and leather pants are especially dangerous in the case of thrush.
5. Symptoms of other diseases
Sometimes you can confuse completely different diseases as signs of thrush.
- bacterial vaginosis or violation of the microflora of the vagina;
- Sexually transmitted infections (chlamydia, gonorrhea);
- skin allergy.
An experienced specialist will help you make an accurate diagnosis, as sometimes a fungal infection can be combined with other diseases, making it harder to choose medication.
6. Disruption of flora balance
Often women themselves cause the growth of fungi in the intimate area. The female body contains a small amount Candida:, but they do not grow because they interfere with other bacteria in the body. As soon as the balance of flora in the vagina is disturbed, the thrush can be activated.
- frequent washing;
- poor quality care for the intimate area;
- regular use of antibiotics;
- sexual activity with frequent change of partners;
- High levels of estrogen.
How to tell if you have thrush
Fungal infection of the genitals usually causes burning of the skin և mucous membranes, itching. With a red rash you can say that you have a thrush, especially around the vulva on the skin of the perineum. When going to the toilet, pay attention to the presence of secretions on the linen. The main symptom of thrush is a yellow discharge from the curd և a burning sensation on the skin if it appears on the urine.
How to cure thrush?
The sooner you start treating the yeast infection, the sooner you will get rid of the accompanying discomfort. Over-the-counter medications often relieve vaginal yeast infections. If this is your first attempt to fight yeast infection, or more than two months after treatment, recurrence occurs, you should not hesitate, it is better to consult a doctor. He will examine, confirm the diagnosis, rule out the existence of other infections. In addition, the right treatment will help prevent the recurrence of candidiasis.
After the treatment it is necessary to maintain hygiene ստեղծել to create conditions for the growth of normal bacterial flora of the vagina.
Tips to prevent relapse
1. Course of treatment. Make sure you get the full course of treatment, even if your symptoms go away before you take the medicine. Do not stop treatment, even if the symptoms still persist. Some drugs have a cumulative effect.
2. Examination of a partner. If you’re sexually active, ask your partner to get tested Candida:. This will help prevent the infection from spreading.
3. Comfortable և clean clothes. Regularly change clothes, towels, sheets, wash them separately from other items at high temperatures so that bacteria do not appear on them. While washing, try bleaching or white vinegar in the washing machine. Wear cotton underwear և loose clothing.
4. Development և sterilization. After use, treat all items that come in contact with infected areas to prevent yeast cells from spreading or re-infecting thrush.
5. Daily hygiene. In this case, taking a bath and refusing baths is a good way out.
6. Consultation with a doctor. Be sure to see a specialist if your symptoms worsen or the infection returns after treatment.