Apricots can be enjoyed not only fresh. The fruit is perfect for winter cooking, such as jam. A simple step-by-step recipe that anyone can get acquainted with will allow you to prepare it.
- apricot – 1 kg;
- water – 180 ml;
- sugar – 1 kg.
How to make apricot jam for winter.
- To make apricot jam in winter, arrange the fruits, remove the spoiled ones, very soft and hard. Fill the apricot with cold water in a bowl and leave it for five minutes. Then wash and put in the bottle. Transfer the apricots to a towel and let them dry completely.
- Cut the apricot in half and remove the stones. Now weigh the fruits և measure the right amount. Pour the apricots into a jam or a large saucepan, sprinkle with sugar and leave for 12 hours until the apricots release their juice.
- Pour water in apricot, mix and put on medium heat. Gently stir with a wooden spoon so that the sugar is evenly heated and does not burn.
- When all the sugar is dissolved, bring the syrup to a boil. Lower the heat a little, the syrup should not boil too much. Start cleaning the foam, otherwise you will not get clear syrup.
- Cook the jam lightly, stirring occasionally for 45-50 minutes. Check the preparation of the jam, pour a drop of syrup on the glass, leave it for a minute, then turn the glass in different directions. If the jam is ready, the drop will not spread.
- Remove the jam from the heat, cover with a towel or cloth and cool completely. Transfer the frozen jam to clean, dry jars and close the lids. Store at room temperature.