You can use boiled or fried potatoes, which should not be eaten the day before. Very often these eggs are cooked for dinner.
Spanish “broken eggs” for breakfast
This breakfast has something in common with Turkish omelette. Eggs should also be lightly boiled and the yolk should remain liquid.
“Broken eggs” is like another morning, but already a Spanish dish – tortilla de patatas. He needs potatoes.
Cooking.nytimes.com offers: take young or old potatoes. There are recipes with lemon, it can be replaced with dry sausage or any ham.
Spanish “broken eggs”
Spanish “broken eggs” Photo: cooking.nytimes.com
- 50 g of olive oil;
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika;
- red pepper flakes, salt, pepper;
- young or old potatoes;
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped;
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped;
- 4 eggs.
How to prepare.
- Combine olive oil, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper – a glass of water. Put the potatoes in a big frying pan and pour over the olive oil mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and cook over high heat until potatoes are soft, 6 to 9 minutes. If the potatoes stick or dry out, add more olive oil.
- Arrange the potatoes in an equal layer, cut them inwards, then add the onion and garlic. Cover and cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Make 4 holes in the potato վերած turn it into an egg. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until egg whites are firm, 4 to 6 minutes.
- To serve, gently break the yolks with a spoon, decorate with herbs.
And another Spanish recipe, chicken cylinder with bell pepper, read here.