We remember the lines of the song well. “Green sky, red clouds, and the eccentric had no other paint!” Indeed, green often becomes the main color of June, չէ it is not so difficult to paint your table green. just go out in nature for a while. The undeniable advantage of any vegetable is that it is rich in vitamin C. That’s why children were fed at least a few greens at a time when oranges, kiwis and strawberries could only be dreamed of.
The most repetitive Soviet culinary recipe, which many associate with the beginning of summer, is green borscht (or cabbage soup), in which young sorrel or nettle is added instead of cabbage. This dish has a rather tragic history. It is believed that it was invented in the post-war years, when the country was starving, տնտես housewives had to adjust everything that was available for food. Whether we like it or not, we will not know, but the fact remains that the recipe has taken root and has been preserved until today. How to play it?
1. Green borsch can be made vegetarian, but it will be tastier if you cook the broth beforehand. Chicken is the best. it has a more delicate taste that will not overcome the taste of fresh herbs.
2. For cooking, it is advisable to use the vegetables of new crops: young carrots, onions and beets (if you want cabbage soup, not borscht, you can do without beets). Vegetables should be cut into thin slices and fried in a small amount of oil.
3. Add 1-2 fresh tomatoes. You can use tomato paste, but the taste with fresh tomatoes will be more light-summer.
4. Cut a couple of potatoes into cubes and throw in boiling broth. Cook for 7-10 minutes (until the potatoes are soft).
5. Add the fried pan to the pan.
6. Adding crushed sorrel is the last step, after which it is necessary to immediately turn off the heat under the soup. Add fresh herbs (dill և parsley) with sorrel. However, if you use nettle instead of sorrel, the soup should be cooked for 5-7 minutes. Nettle stems are harder and rougher, they require longer heat treatment.
The green borsch is usually served with sour cream, hard-boiled egg, cut into cubes and immediately placed on plates.
By the way, the combination of boiled egg and sour cream is also useful for another dish based on young nettle – light salad. To prepare it, the nettle should be pre-filled with boiling water or even bleached for a few minutes (so that they do not burn, of course!), Then washed with cold water. After such a preliminary preparation, the greens are cut, mixed with a boiled egg, and a sauce based on sour cream, half with mayonnaise. You can limit yourself to that, or you can add fresh cucumber or young radish. it will be very summery.
Strong nuance. Since all these recipes have come to us from the villages, city dwellers need to be vigilant, even if you really want to, not to pick nettles in the yard of a high-rise building or along a parking lot. way, it is better to go deeper into the forest. Otherwise, the dish will be of no use, absolutely no harm.
This weird word “sleep”
The old wisdom says, you can not stop madness, lead it. These words seem to describe the relationship of the majority of summer residents with sleepy heads. The cunning weed has become an almost indispensable component of many dishes of Russian cuisine (adapted, of course, to modern times). The most popular is laconic dreamweed salad. It is prepared in the same way as the nettle salad described above, the grass is combined only with boiled eggs and sour cream.
It is a rule to use only the youngest gout, otherwise it will not be tasty. It can be eaten with stems, pour boiling water for a few minutes before cooking, this is enough to make the greens softer. By the way, the most canonical և traditional recipe is Botvinian, the prototype of modern okroshka. A long summer is ahead. why not cook?
– Boil 200-300 g of gout, cut it with a suitable egg, clean it with a sieve, pierce it with a blender or cut it with a sharp knife.
– About 250 g of sturgeon, salmon or other fish fillet, cut into large cubes and cook in salted water.
Grate 2-3 fresh cucumbers, chop a small bunch of dill and green onion.
– Mix the ingredients և pour one liter of white sour kvass.
Serve separately, finely chopped pickles, grated horseradish, sliced boiled egg, rye bread, large salt and ice cubes. Botvin is usually poured into a plate, և the person himself adds additional ingredients to his taste (this principle is familiar to those who visit Vietnamese cafes, this is how they serve phobos).
Gout enthusiasts often use it to make egg yolks and omelettes (in a lightly boiled pan, topped with beaten eggs) or as a filling for pies (with the addition of fried onions and spices). If you need to cook a hot meal, the most optimal are the pieces of chicken stewed with gout. In this case, the grass will be needed to lightly “color” the sauce, to give a richer taste, and at the same time to enrich the dish with vitamins.
– Cut the chicken into pieces, fry it until golden brown. Place in the oven in a waterproof pan, heavy-bottomed ceramic pot or pan.
– Add chicken broth, wine or, for example, tomato juice, so that the liquid completely covers the pieces. If you have absolutely nothing, pour boiling water, it will “remove” a little taste from the chicken վի, it will turn out quite balanced. Salt, add spices to taste և leave on low heat for 30-40 minutes.
– 10 minutes before the end of cooking, add finely chopped onion and mix well. Let it reach you. Serve with any regular side dish – rice or buckwheat.
We catch the summer with a bottle – we make wine from twigs
Those who are familiar with Ray Bradbury’s work remember well. Bottled wine is a bottled, stuffy summer that needs to be opened, tasted on a winter January day when it snows, nobody has seen it. long time. Dandelion wine is, of course, a metaphor և literary image, but fans of the author in faraway America a few decades ago created an impromptu recipe that was spread all over the Internet.
Thus, To Make That Very Dandelion Wine will require only flowers, separated from the stems ապես all green parts in general (they are bitter և, generally not completely edible). About 100 flowers should be folded in a pot and poured
4 liters of boiling water. Leave for a day, then squeeze with a cloth, squeeze and throw away the cake. The following ingredients of the drink are: two lemons (without peel) and raisins, which will provide fermentation, as well as 500 grams of sugar. Mixing everything in the tincture should be left in a dark place for a few days. When foam and sour smell appear, add 500 g of sugar and mix again. After that, it’s time to remember Grandma’s recipes: pour the wine into a large glass bottle, and put one finger on the neck of a medical glove with a finger hole in it. And leave the vessel in a cool place for 5-6 days, then add 250 g of sugar (dissolve in 250 ml of pork). After that the wine will mature in 25-60 days. When the rubber glove rises, welcoming you with joy, then it is ready.
However, it turns out that it’s long և quite restless … There are other alternatives. The closest gastronomic plot of “Dandelion Wine”, which is not invented by all lovers of literature, is the Italian “Rucolino” liqueur, which is bought mainly as an unusual souvenir, but in vain, it turns out really tasty. And it is not so difficult. It is acceptable to repeat at home (especially since arugula grows quite actively and vigorously in cottages near Moscow). Everyone knows that arugula, to put it bluntly, is the same thing. Thus, the result will be closer to the truth. How to make a drink?
1. Finely chop a few bunches of young arugula and lightly mash them with sugar. the grass should give juice. The amount of sugar can vary (depending on how sweet you want the liqueur to be).
2. Fill the grass with one liter of vodka and leave it in a cool, dark place for 10-14 days. You can use alcohol, but it should be about half.
3. The infused liqueur will take on a rich greenish-golden hue. Squeeze it և bottle it. If necessary, you can add a little sugar syrup (if you prefer sweeter drinks). If you drink alcohol, dilute the finished liqueur in the right proportion with water.
By the way, it is not necessary to dilute, if for some reason you plan to drink liqueur, but as part of cocktails with ice, soda-arugula branches, which are placed on the glass bottom. Try decorating the rim of your cup with a dandelion flower (don’t forget that the stem juice is not edible), or maybe invite your friends to a Bradbury-style party.
Well, if we are talking about wine, then gourmets share their tips on the Internet. They say that traditional Russian dishes will shine with new colors if they are complemented by Russian white wines from autochthonous (that is, typical of our country) varieties. The most interesting grape varieties are Pukhlyakovsky, Platovsky և Siberia. The latter, according to experts, was created simply to be combined with the Russian summer “dacha”.
“If you are thinking about how to choose wine for a moderate Russian meal. Egg և green onion pies, fresh cucumbers, radishes from the garden, young potatoes with dill, strawberries from your own summer house … take Siberian, appreciate it. And it will be perfect for any green salad, ”one of the authors shares his suggestions in a thematic blog.
Well, for lovers of soft drinks, there is a successful modern recipe – smoothies from gout. To prepare it, a bunch of gout weighing 200 g should be boiled in boiling water, then the greens should be finely chopped and sent to a blender together with a large fresh cucumber (previously cleaned). Cut the vegetables until smooth, then add 100 ml of cold natural yogurt, a handful of flax seeds. This is a healthy և rather trendy summer cocktail.