In this collection you will find not only accurate recipes, but also tips to help you create your own original fish kebab. One that no one has tried yet.
What kind of fish is best for barbecue?
Red or white salmon or pink salmon or maybe catfish or perch? In fact, the choice of fish is a matter of personal preference. You can simply choose fresh fish for barbecue.
- with clear transparent eyes
- pinkish-reddish gloom
- shiny scales
- dense, elastic flesh, without mucus և foreign odor.
VkusVille has grilled fish options for every taste. And, by the way, we recommend cooking on the grill … red mullet. We are sure that the result will pleasantly surprise you.
Fish steak or a whole carcass?
That is not essential either. Large fish, of course, is more convenient to grill or cut fillets with steaks. Small fish, placed on a metal rack or grill pan, whole.
But buying sliced or stuffed fish is already your choice. If you want to cut yourself, take a whole fish. As a rule, it is not possible to save significantly: the weight of the scales, the crust, the cut fins և the weight of the head is significant. Charge on time, you do not like to clean the fish. Take a gut, fillet or steak.
By the way, our dark shops have fish showcases. You can buy whole fish ել order its cutting. In the order in which you need to bring և the whole “soup set” that remains during cutting. The heads և swimmers will make delicious fish soup (especially on the stake). And you should not get your hands dirty.
Grilled fish, skewers և skewers
Grilled red fish – salmon, stocking salmon, pink salmon, etc. – can be done on skewers or small skewers. It is possible. If you use wooden skewers, pre-soak them in plain water to prevent them from burning in the coal.
Recipe 1: Red fish skewers without pickling
During cooking, the fish will be saturated with vegetable juice, so it is not necessary to put it in the marinade beforehand.
Ingredients: red fish steak or fillet, zucchini, red onion, cherry tomatoes, freshly ground pepper, if desired, olive oil.
How to prepare. Cut the fillet from the steak. Cut the fillet into small pieces the size of a cherry, pepper if desired. Cut the vegetables into pieces of the same size. Spread zucchini, fish, cherry tomatoes and onions on a skewer in any order. The first and last piece may be vegetables, zucchini is better. Sprinkle with light oil. Put the skewers on the grill and bake until cooked, turning occasionally.
And how to make the perfect sauce for this kebab, watch the video at 1:40.
By the way, you can make grilled trout steak without marinating it. We have posted the step by step recipe here.
Recipe 2. Fish skewers with mustard marinade with honey
You can also make salmon skewers in honey-mustard marinade.
How to prepare. mix 1 tbsp. tablespoon olive oil և soy sauce, 100 g mustard sauce with honey, minced garlic և a little chili pepper if you want to add spices. Cut half a kilogram of salmon fillet into 3-3 cm cubes and leave it in the marinade for an hour. Then strain on skewers and cook on hot coals. More detailed recipe here.
Recipe 3. Fish marinade based on white wine
The elegant marinade based on white wine was created by our chef Lena Lande. Make white wine, garlic, celery, cilantro, mint, sesame oil and salt. See step by step recipe.
Recipe 4. Grilled blue sea fish
Bluefish is great for barbecue. It preserves its egg, combines well with any vegetables, spices and marinades.
How to prepare.
1. Pre-thaw the fish in the refrigerator, clean, remove the bile and crust, rinse and dry.
For the marinade, mix lemon juice and olive oil, mix with a fork, add finely chopped garlic, salt and thyme leaves.
3. Marinate in the resulting blue fish mixture for 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile, burn the coals, let them burn and turn into white ashes.
4. Grate the long sliced asparagus or zucchini with a grater, pour the rest of the marinade on it, put the fish on it (so that the blue does not stick to the grater and the vegetables get wet in the juice). Cook until the bottom is red, then turn the fish over and cook.
Recipe 5. Grilled halibut with green sauce
Quite an easy recipe, and the secret of the taste is not only in the marinade, but also in a special sauce based on greens, oil and lemon.
- halibut steak – 1 pack
- lemon – 1 piece.
- olive oil
- turmeric – 0.5 tsp
- salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
- parsley – bunch
- green basil – a few branches
- garlic – 2 cloves
- spicy green pepper
How to prepare.
Pre-thaw halibut steaks in the refrigerator, wash and dry with napkins.
2. For the marinade, remove the lemon peel, squeeze the juice in half, mix for 1 year. a spoonful of olive oil, salt, pepper and turmeric. Spread the mixture on the steaks and put them in a container with a lid for half an hour.
3. For the sauce, chop the parsley and basil leaves, chop the garlic, add hot pepper to taste. Add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil to the juice of the other half of the lemon, salt, stir lightly with a fork, add the greens, mix everything thoroughly.
Grease the grill with oil, spread the fillet and fry on a not very hot coal until it is cooked. Serve with sauce և with fresh vegetables.
Recipe 6. Grilled mackerel
Mackerel is a very bright fish, it is better to cook it on charcoal outside.
- mackerel – 2 pieces.
- olive oil – 2 tbsp. spoons
- lemon – 0.5 pieces. (juice only)
- ginger – 2 cm root
- garlic – 2 cloves
- salt – to taste
How to prepare.
1. Make a marinade from oil, lemon juice and minced garlic and ginger, put the fish in the marinade and leave for 15-20 minutes.
2. Remove the fish from the marinade and place on an oiled metal rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes, not forgetting to turn it over. And we recommend serving it with a salad with fresh potatoes.
How to marinate fish for barbecue. Come up with your own barbecue recipe
Fish is finer than meat, it is not recommended to marinate it for a long time. It is better not to do it in the evening, but to marinate it for an hour or two before cooking, this is enough.
Katya Ljina, culinary photographer VkusVilla.
“Citrus fruits are good for any fish, not only lemon, but also oranges and limes. And any fish likes to add a small amount of wine to the marinade.
You also have to choose the right spices.
- Red fish need pepper (possibly freshly ground, from a mill) և Spicy greens are suitable: parsley, green onion;
- All traditional “fish” spices are good for white: coriander, white-pink pepper, dried herbs: parsley, thyme, basil, oregano. You can also add rosemary to the marinade, but carefully, a little;
- River fish goes well with strong spices – ground coriander, pepper, lemon peel. When pickling, add more herbs: parsley, dill, green onion, cilantro, tarragon. And the river fish is not afraid of combinations with walnuts (typical of Georgian cuisine), mushrooms, including dried (traditions of Russian cuisine).
Generally, mix spices in your marinade, add aromatic or tasteless vegetable oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, white wine, herbs, other ingredients to your marinade to taste, make your own fish kebab.
By the way, VkusVille has a marinated fish version for barbecue. All components are exactly the same.
Dorada with olive oil and spices
The fish has already been cleaned, aged in a spicy sauce, all that remains is to melt it and cook it with any egg, in a pan, in the oven or on the grill. Dorada is distinguished by its delicate texture and almost complete absence of small bones. And specially selected spices reveal the soft taste of meat with new faces. The preparation of the delicacy will take no more than 15 minutes, excluding the time of thawing.
Tell us, what do you cook more often on the grill, meat or fish?