Nettle is a useful plant that can be used to feed fruit trees and berry bushes. In addition, it can be added to dishes և teas, or even used to feed animals և birds.
The “Valley” told about how to make fertilizer for nettle plants.
What are the benefits of nettle?
Nettle contains many useful chemical elements. Potassium, calcium, magnesium, as well as vitamins A, B, E, organic acids և phytoncides. The first three elements are necessary for plants to fully develop, photosynthesis and develop a strong immune system. In addition, they contribute to the acceleration of growth, the growth of green mass, the formation of large juicy fruits.
For The decorative flowers grown in the indoor garden, wearing a nettle top, is a stimulus for long and abundant flowering. Most often, nettle tincture is made in water with green manure, adding useful fertilizers to enhance the effect.
For which plants is nettle fertilizer suitable?
It can be mentioned. Nettle should not be used to feed cultivated plants. Do not water it with nettle tincture. Garlic, onions, radishes and beans, as it slows down their growth and development. At the same time, the nettle will be beneficial for everything else.
How to prepare nettle fertilizer.
Of course, there are many recipes, but the most common classic version is the following.
It is necessary to cut the required number of young plants (adult nettles, which have already formed seeds, are not suitable). Next, put half the green in the appropriate container, but keep in mind that you can not use metal buckets or barrels, as the solution will react with the metal և will lose its useful properties.
Then you need to almost fill the container with hot water, close the lid tightly and keep it in a dark, warm place for two weeks, stirring daily. In a cold or swampy place, the fermentation process will be slow.
When the tincture is already dark, it stops foaming, it is diluted with water in a ratio of 1:10, the plants are fed.
Useful tips for summer residents.
- To speed up the fermentation, add the yeast diluted in hot water to the nettle tincture.
- Crushed valerian roots will help reduce the unpleasant odor.
- If necessary, the plants are fed to the owners, the prepared concentrate is diluted in a ratio of 1:20, and the crop is sprayed in their summer house. However, the effectiveness will be less than in the case of root dressing.
How to use nettle fertilizer
When using nettle fertilizer, you should remember to follow a number of recommendations.
- By dressing the plants, the plants are irrigated with infusion once a week, 1-2 liters each, depending on the size of the crop.
- Top dressing on the sheet is done no more than once a month to avoid burns.
- For tomatoes it is necessary to combine natural և synthetic types of top dressing.
- For cucumbers, it is useful to use a nettle shirt from the time the plants are planted in the ground until the end of the harvest, as this fertilizer not only has a positive effect on growth, protects against pests, but also has a beneficial effect. on the taste of fruit. Frequency of fertilizers once in 2 weeks.
How does nettle help control pests?
Nettle fertilizers can be useful as well as preventing and controlling pests and diseases in the early stages. However, the treatment solution is prepared in a slightly different way.
Starting late disease Tomatoes take 1 kg. nettle fresh greens, pour 5 l. bring water to a boil. After 15 minutes the container with the solution is removed from the fire, cooled and the plants are processed. Number of treatments offered: 2-3. This prevention has proven its effectiveness.
Starting Invasion of aphids and other small insectsFeeding plant owners և juices, the solution should be prepared according to the scheme described above from 1 kg. nettle green mass և 10 l. Clean water. Spray the affected plants after sunset, no more than once a week.
Starting snails effectively mulch the soil with dried chopped nettles on the beds. In addition to getting rid of irritating pests due to its powerful phytoncide effect, nettle mulch will retain moisture, protect the soil from drought and rain.
How to feed indoor plants with nettles
Nettle tincture for indoor plants should be used from early spring to late summer. Ficus, roses and violets respond best to such fertilizers. It should be remembered that: When the plants are fed again during the germination and flowering period, additional potassium should be added to the soil. Otherwise the plant will grow rapidly in height, growing stems and owners, but they will stop flowering.
Earlier, “Apostrophe” reported that it can be planted in June in the garden and near the house.